At our core is a free independent advice service available to all schools/academies. You can contact us any time by email, telephone, fax or through our web enquiry form, and we will advice, if we can, on any issue in the areas we cover. You do not have to take any services from us or be a member school. This is at the heart of all we do in providing a service to educational establishments.
DBE Services was founded by a group of Church of England Diocesan Boards of Education who saw the need to share resources to provide the highest quality service to Church Schools. Every Diocese has a Board of Education which provides various degrees of support for the Church Schools in the diocese in partnership with the LA, Academy Trusts and other bodies. Diocesan Boards have supported schools with the capital development of their building and the teaching of RE since the 1944 Education Act. They also have statutory responsibilities relating to governance and ownership of church schools. Following the 1988 Education Reform Act schools gradually became more and more responsible for their own organisation and management and looked to the Diocesan Boards to provide an ever increasing range of services. To meet the ever increasing demands Boards began to share services, resources and expertise. By 2000 DBE Services had become an informal group of northern DBEs and in 2006 became the formal vehicle for the working together of the Diocesan Boards of Education of Blackburn, Carlisle, Chester, Liverpool, Manchester and two years later York. Together they look after over 800 Church of England schools and academies.
DBE Services now provides a comprehensive package of services not only to church schools but to all schools and academies across an area from Nantwich to the Scottish Border and Blackpool to Scarborough.
- Building on the expertise in managing capital work the TPM4 Schools service looks after the regular servicing, reactive maintenance and capital work for over 300 schools/academies of all designation and size.
- School improvement, pre and post inspection support.
- IT services covering everything from networks and infrastructure to provision of laptops and tablets.
- Support for recruitment at all levels for permanent and temporary posts and occasional and regular supply.
- HR, financial and office support.
- Low costs utilities including gas, electric and telecoms.
- Green energy support including biomass and LPG boilers.
- Independent free advice to all schools, academies and colleges on any aspect of the above.
Every institution is unique and our package of services is bespoke for each establishment.